Subject: [Leica]Global warming remark by Peter....
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Sat Oct 16 06:03:47 2004

Peter-
Funny you should mention the weather change that might exist in Kuwait
due to the present 'global warming'. In reading a very interesting book
called 'The Long Summer', the author seems to tie many of civilizations
changes to the recurring warming and cooling cycles that the earth goes
through, naturally. When we had the last warming period, the 'fertile
crescent' bloomed, most of the Sahara was grassland and so started the
whole civilization process when folks started to gather around well
watered areas. If the same patterns are followed, much of the mid-east
will bloom again, with lots of rain, and they'll have the oil too!
To keep on topic, let me say I'd pay a dollar to see a picture of that!

Perhaps in the coming ice age, the Neanderthals will re-emerge and
replace Homo Sapiens Sapiens the same way they were replaced during the
start of the last warming cycle! I wonder if you can start a fire with a
Leica and a flint?

Dan (Ungowha!) Post