Subject: [Leica] Is there such a thing? Clearly off topic.
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Fri Oct 22 05:16:52 2004

As a matter of fact, just read an article on that subject yesterday.  Seems
they cost about 2,000 right now and have a limited range, as they should.
They are also illegal in many countries.  The article revolved around some
churches in Mexico where they were tired of the forgetful and self important
folks.  I came to light when reporters kept noticing that their cells did
not work when trying to report stories - and of course, get calls.  The
units the churches were using came from Israel and had been developed for
security reasons.  Then interviewed another fellow that imports them from
Asia for resale around the world.
If you want more info I'll try to find the article today.
Bill