Subject: [Leica] Is there such a thing? Clearly off topic.
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon)
Date: Fri Oct 22 06:43:32 2004

Hi Robert,  I did some research on this a few months back and found that the
FCC in the USA has some very strong penalties ($5000) for anyone caught
"jamming" signals...I have a Ham radio license myself and I was aware of
this, but I was wondering if it was permissible to "jam" nuisance signals
within a small area..say a couple of hundred square feet...."no" I then read
somewhere else the reasoning behind the FCC's decision... Think medical and
emergency personnel....If a Dr. is shopping in Wal Mart and a patient needs
emergency care the signal must be able to get through...same with cops and
anyone else on call. The best you can do is to request that everyone please
put their cell phone or pager on vibrate.