Subject: [Leica] Here we go, RD-1 in the US
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Fri Oct 22 17:08:56 2004

Well BD, we know the camera cannot be a total dog. It may have some
problems experienced by some people, but I bet it's kind of like the Hexar
RF fiasco - some people swear there is a problem and some not, and both can
produce voluminous mathematical data showing why they are right... So....

My rationale is this: if I buy a digital camera (most likely an E-1), I
would need lens. So adding a 50/2 macro and the 14-55, the total cost would
be $2600-$3000, and the camera would handle like a SLR.

Right at the moment, I am engulfed by the rangefinder religion, and small
as my OM-4T is, the RF experience is better for me. So I'd imagine that if
I were to get the E-1, wonderful it may be, I would still reach for the M.

Now if I get the R-D1, I can reuse all the lens I have (well, I would need
to get a 28mm besides the Tri-Elmar to get ~42mm view :-(, so the cost is
not so bad, in that sense.

I need to reread the thread on sneaking things pass the CFO though...

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Here we go, RD-1 in the US)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Here we go, RD-1 in the US)
Reply from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] Here we go, RD-1 in the US)