Subject: [Leica] OT: Leica M7 with MP finder?
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Sat Oct 23 19:17:56 2004

Karen,

Thanks for clarifying that in case my comment was misleading. I made the
suggestion that he buy a Passport camera for a few bucks more and assumed
he was in the U.S. My first M7 had a  DX-coding problem from new and was
replaced in half an hour in NJ by Leica Camera USA when they couldn't
repair it quickly as I was leaving on a trip the next day, no questions
asked. For all I know, that first camera had been tossed by the "Samsonite
Gorilla" somewhere in shipment, but it's nice to have some security with an
electronic shutter, etc. My MP .58, on the other hand, I bought as a NIB
USA "Demo" because I felt an MP would be good for thirty years if it is
good for one. My M5 never had a hiccup in thirty years or let me down, but
I DID have Sherry give it a CLA in March. She found a part in the
rangefinder which was weak and could have jammed it. Of course, it's better
now than new.

Regards,

William