Subject: [Leica] Slighty OT - Scanner Question
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Oct 26 15:04:35 2004

Hi Wade,

I use a Nikon Super Soolscan 4000 and like it a lot. I even like the
regular software that comes with it on my Mac. It's not perfect but
it's better than VueScan which I have but which I just don't grok.

It has issues that have been discussed here: very shallow depth of
field so if the film isn't flat there will be some out of focus places
at the edges.

But it has a roll film adaptor so you can put in a strip of 35mm film
and let it scan it's little heart out.

The roll film adaptor will keep me with Nikon should I move up to a 5000.

Adam

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Slighty OT - Scanner Question)