Subject: [Leica] What should a photo release look like?
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Thu Oct 28 22:36:54 2004

>I agree with you on the licence -(even though I am a publisher) -
>but I think you missed out that it is important to state how many
>copies printed and if the permission includes a reprint.

Agreed! Sorry I was doing this from memory.

>Anyway I am not sure what you mean by the below phrase " register
>the copyright of the Image NOW
>
>Where, how, when ??????

Register it with the Library of Congress if you are a U.S. resident
(or even if you think it will be used in the USA).

http://www.copyright.gov/

It's pretty simple and you can do your entire portolio at once by
sending them just thumbnails or contact sheets.

Registering allows you to sue for punitive damages and not just
compensatory. The word "punitive damages" has this odd effect of
intoxicating trial lawyers to no end. They will fly like honeybees
towards your cause.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura