Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW election
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Oct 30 05:32:32 2004

Some of you will recall that the US is undergoing our quadrennial
presidential elections.  I took advantage of the opportunity to vote
early so that my staff could all vote at the normal time.

It seems that many thought in a similar fashion as this was the line
when I joined in:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album90/longline

Many of my co-voters came prepared to multi-task while waiting:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album90/workethic

The people in line next to me were a pretty literate bunch, one was the
recently retired dean of the college of arts and sciences at one of GA's
nearby universities and another was a graduate student at GA Tech.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album90/literatebunch

Some in the line were working just as hard as the business class.  This
mother was working with her daughter on counting skills; one leaf, two
leaves...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album90/childrehelppassthetime

Chikfila, which began in Atlanta, ran a series of cars to refresh the
coolers brought lunch to the line:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album90/chikfila

After about three hours, people had settled in for the remainder of the
wait:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album90/readyforthewait

And, after almost four hours, we were still waiting:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album90/waiting

Most of the counties around me were better prepared than Fulton, where I
live; the usual wait was about one hour in the surrounding counties.  I
have to believe that there is going to be a massive turn out as GA is
not in play on the presidential level, but a wide swath of citizens were
willing to wait a long time to vote.

You do not see any truly senior citizens in the lines as they were
brought in at the front of the line so that they did not have to wait.
The crowd agreed that that was a good idea.

Enjoy, exercise your right to vote, and have a great week.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Don's PAW election)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: Don's PAW election)