Subject: LIGHT (was: Re: [Leica] WAS: LEICA SEMINAR! 2004. NOW: PHOTOGRAPHIC DISCUSSION. ?)
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Mon Nov 1 11:22:42 2004

Richard S. Taylor <r.s.taylor@comcast.net> wrote:

> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/PICKS/P6250007_lug>

> (This is actually an unabashed attempt to get someone other than
> Philippe and William to say something about the photos I posted
> yesterday.)

Your strategy worked!  In this gallery I've noticed that in all but the
reflections on the underside of the bridge the lighting is all diffused so
you're relying more on color and form than light and shadow for your
compositions.  Of the reflected light photos I like the tighter crop.  In
the uncropped photo the bright area at the right is a major distraction but
I wonder how long it would have taken me to "get" the cropped photo if I
hadn't seen the uncropped one first?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com