Subject: [Leica] learning Photoshop from a book?
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Tue Nov 2 03:09:23 2004

Brian Reid wrote:
> One of my children wants to learn Photoshop from a book.
> She doesn't want to have to deal with learning from her father.
>
> Anybody have any recommendations for good Photoshop books?

Not knowing what your child is like nor what she wants to
do with Photoshop, I can only say what works or does not
work for me.  Of course, I use Photoshop for photography.

Photoshop books that I really like:
- Real World Photoshop by Bruce Fraser and David Blatner
- Adobe Photoshop Master Class 2nd edition by John Paul Caponigro
These two books give an excellent fundamental treatise of Photoshop,
though may not be the best candidate for a first book.

I started out several years ago with Photoshop Classroom in a book,
and that was good to start, and it was free at the time.

Another book that works well for me is Photoshop Restoration &
Retouching,  by Katrin Eismann

I do not care for Scott Kelby's Photoshop for Digital Photographers.
Too much of idle talk and white space.  Maybe good for someone
to try out some tricks and recipes.

- Phong