Subject: LIGHT (was: Re: [Leica] WAS: LEICA SEMINAR! 2004. NOW: PHOTOGRAHIC DISCUSSION. ?)
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Tue Nov 2 03:18:10 2004

> One advantage the SLR has
> in
> this situation is the ability to see the flare when the sun hits the
> front
> element.  I was able to shift the camera position slightly to get the
> front
> of the lens into a patch of shade w/o spoiling the composition.

Ted, Doug, et.al.:  Question from new RF user(s):

How do you meter with an M6 when shooting from the shadow side, so as to
capture detail in the shadowed area, without overexposing the light
area?  As I think about it, the question obviously begs other questions,
but for the moment, I'd like to keep it simple.  And, if this is a
REALLY bone-headededly simple question, I'll just put on my dunce hat
and sit in the corner.  :-)

Thanks,

Ken Frazier