Subject: [Leica] Light, etc. Now: Homework assignment.
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Tue Nov 2 04:11:06 2004

> But recognizing the shadow side first, gives you the experince to
decide
> how
> best the light can work for you even though you can't make it exactly
> from
> the shadow side.

Listers, I'm taking Ted up on the "assignment," and have a shot posted
that was an attempt at shooting from the shadow side, and would like
critique and comment.

"light_test", made with M6, Summicron 50 DR.  I was trying to shoot from
the shadow side, because I wanted to capture the feeling of the light
coming through the windows.  However, the central subject is rather
lost.  I am pretty sure I was metering accurately, but what I don't know
is what the meter was reading....light from the windows?

Some things I suppose I could have done, in retrospect...move closer,
shift to my left, switch to a 90.  What else, in your collective
opinions?  What went "wrong," etc.?  Have at it!

http://homepage.mac.com/kennybod/PhotoAlbum8.html

TIA,

Ken Frazier
Weston, CT  USA