Subject: [Leica] More snaps (Skopar)
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Nov 2 11:09:29 2004

Well, it turns out that the fall I took damaged the Leica after all. I
tell you, those M bodies are real sissies. You sneeze at them and their
rangefinders go out of whack. They're sturdy cameras ... as long as you
don't need to focus too much.

As it was, I had the 21/4 Skopar on so it didn't matter much.

This is an overview. I was on top of one of the cairns (pre-historic). The
glaciers dumped all the boulders here when they stopped. That heather is
treacherous. You don't really know what is under it.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album40/04v45_0002

The coastal area, plain, is wide and shallow here.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album40/04v45_0003

Anyone wanting to farm the area has to constantly clear the fields of
boulders. They "grow" here. They work themselves up to the surface
constantly. Farmers clear them away and make fences with them.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album40/04v45_0004

I was halfway expecting to see Graham down at the end of the road,
hustling away from the cows.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album40/04v45_0005

Now to find someone to adjust my rangefinder. The screw is a little to
tight for my taste and I don't have a proper screwdriver (you have to do
it at an angle).

Daniel

Replies: Reply from grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com) ([Leica] More snaps (Skopar))
Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] More snaps (Skopar))