Subject: [Leica] OT OT...EPSON 2200 problem?
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Thu Nov 4 10:25:50 2004

Ted,

I'm guessing you have run off an awful lot of prints in those two years...?

If that's the case, it sounds like it's what happens when the ink pads are
full (those places it dumps all the ink when it does a head cleaning etc).

If so it needs to go to an epson service centre to have them replaced and
the printer re-set.

You can re-set the printers yourself I think - usually involves switching
the printer on while holding down a combination of the buttons, letting one
go and pressing it again - can't remember the sequence for the 2200 try a
search for "epson 2200 ROM reset" or "epson 2200 reset factoy defaults".

But if you do that and it works, and your inkpads really are full, they may
start to overflow (the printer calculates they are full rather than actually
measures them)

tim