Subject: [Leica] Fawsley Northamptonshire #7 &#8
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Thu Nov 4 11:29:35 2004

From: "Dennis Painter" <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>

Subject: Re: [Leica] Fawsley Northamptonshire #7 &#8

> I'm so far behind on reading the LUG this may have been posted already,
> but; this is a great pair showing that landscape photography does not
> always mean wide angle. I much prefer 08, I find it a stronger photo.
>
> On this one:
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Leica/Fawsley_06.htm
>
> I think a crop off the bottom makes it better for me. I find my eyes
> drifting down and there is nothing of interest there, (to me).
> Compositionally I particularly like the way the distant tree line curves
> to the right. Good work Graham.
>
> Dennis
>
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Leica/Fawsley_07.htm
> >
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Leica/Fawsley_08.htm

-------------------------------

Hi Dennis,

A couple of variations on the theme which, although not answering the very
good point that you raised about lack of interest at the bottom of the
frame, may go some way towards mitigating it. Or in the case of 6b shifting
the lack of interest from the bottom to the middle :-). Thanks for looking
and taking
the time to comment. I appreciate it.

http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Leica/Fawsley_06a.htm

http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Leica/Fawsley_06b.htm