Subject: [Leica] Appple G5
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark)
Date: Sat Nov 6 18:05:24 2004

I'm looking pretty seriously at an Apple G5 and will probably go with the G5
iMac with the thin 20in screen integrated into the computer hardware.  I
have used mostly PC's in my work but my spouse has a G4 and I like using it
for working with photoshop and Nikon software.  I'd like to know if we have
G5 users on the group and if so, are the users pleased?  From what I
understand, the G5 is a terrific machine for graphics and manipulation of
large graphic files if you have ample memory.  I''ll probably go with the
1.8mhz processor.  If I had and was willing to spend it, the stand along G5
with dual processors looks sweet but given the way I'll be using mine (not
for profit...hobby type work), I'm thinking the G5 iMac would be the best
solution for me.  I use a Nikon D70 and will be getting a scanner for use
with my M6.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Robert Clark