Subject: [Leica] R800 ramblings
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Nov 8 10:42:15 2004

> If you ever try a digital camera, you will be amazed by the quality and
> speed that is possible. Just attach the camera to your computer, and high
> quality pics are (almost) ready for print.

Hi there Hans,

Small world. My wife and you worked together centuries ago :)

Oh ... , I have a digital camera, Nikon D100, and it's absolutely
essential for quite a lot of things I do, but I don't get a kick from it.
I don't think it has to do with the question of digital vs film, it's more
a question of SLR vs viewfinder. The "fun factor" returns for me in the
digital sphere when I use a pocket Canon (A95). That aspect and ... I'm
not much of a color guy. I do it, when it's needed. I think I got damaged
in school. I couldn't draw so I have a barrier to things with color
(things that _I_ do. Everyone else in the world does great stuff in color
and I enjoy it).

But ... I just printed this one out:

http://folk.uio.no/danielr/images/040929/pages/IMG_1135.html

And my daughter said: You take good pictures.

So I guess I'm learning.

The print is lovely.

Replies: Reply from hans.pahlen at telia.com (Hans Pahlen) ([Leica] R800 ramblings)
Message from hans.pahlen at telia.com (Hans Pahlen) ([Leica] R800 ramblings)