Subject: [Leica] Summilux vs Summicron
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Mon Nov 8 18:57:39 2004

A couple of comments on this thread:

I have been looking at more of the 50 Summilux Asph slides and it is a
great lens. Its only flaw is that it does not handle flare as well as
the Noctilux, 35/1.4A, 24/2.8A, 21/2.8A and the 90/2AA. Don't get me
wrong, it is light years better than the Summicron but it is just not
perfect like the other lenses above.

Money? My wife would lock me up and throw away the key if I thought
cameras and lenses were an investment. Cameras and lenses are an
expense! And an expensive expense at that. I buy carefully, test
carefully and sell reluctantly because I know that I am losing, not
making, money.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at direcway.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Summilux vs Summicron)