Subject: [Leica] clever
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Thu Nov 11 10:10:28 2004

> http://www.dpreview.com/articles/olympuse300/
>
> Here is a very clever mirror arrangement. I wonder how big the light loss
is
> from bouncing around so may times. But still- very clever.
>
> Feli

Oly has indeed resurrected the Pen F system.  There were 3 Pen F bodies with
finders, the Pen F, the FT and the FV. The brightest of the bunch was the
early, unmetered F which used a fine screen that was brighter than the
subsequent models.  The FT used one semi-silvered mirror to allow metering
and it was quite dim, especially using a slow lens.  The FV was the latest
(and scarcest) model and it was just an unmetered FT with all slivered
mirrors in the poroprism. It was brighter than the FT but suffered from the
same coarse screen of the FT so, IMHO, the F was the best.

Yes, the Rebel D300 uses a mirror system instead of a prism and is
noticeably darker.

The giveaway is the vertical axis SLR mirror.

JB

Message from alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glen Staufer) ([Leica] Question RE: Camera Engravings)
Message from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] clever)