Subject: [Leica] The Leica CL !?
From: hans.pahlen at telia.com (Hans Pahlen)
Date: Fri Nov 12 07:07:23 2004

Hi,
I started by taking a look at your pics. Impressive work! Leica style too ;)

Hmm, nothing is wrong with the Leica/Minolta CL or the Minolta CLE.
But, they are not as rugged as a Leica-M. Take a look at M-cameras like
Leica M6 and M4-P before you decide. I would suggest a M4-P, which will cost
just a little more than a CL. It will serve you for a long time, and you
will not be bothered by missing spare parts and such.

My first Leica was a CL that I bought new. The shutter broke down after 4
weeks, so I upgraded to a black chrome M4, and I never looked back..
Since then, I have sometimes examined used CL:s for sale, and there was
usually something wrong with the meter or the rangefinder. And since a
couple of years, there are no spare parts for the Monolta CLE, says my
repairman...

Good luck,
Hans

Replies: Reply from daniel.rocha at free.fr (Daniel ROCHA) ([Leica] The Leica CL !?)