Subject: [Leica] Epson RD-1 (initial user experience).
From: i.watts at virgin.net (Ian Watts)
Date: Fri Nov 12 07:34:46 2004

Hans Pahlen wrote:

> There is one thing I am qurious about. And this is the 1,5 crop factor.
> Suppose you attach a 35mm lens to this camera, what frames show up in the
> finder? Are the frames now corresponging to the result you will get, i.e.
> ~50mm?

Hi Hans,

There is no automatic frameline selection on the RD-1. You manually select
the appropriate framelines. With a 35mm lens attached, you select the 35mm
framelines. However, whilst the framelines on the RD-1 are designated 28, 35
and 50, the actual frames in the finder represent the digital crop
equivalents of 42, 53, and 75.

Ian Watts.
--

mailto:i.watts@virgin.net