Subject: [Leica] Leica CL
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 08:28:58 2004

Someone recommended the CLE over the CL. From what I've read, it's almost
impossible to get parts for the CLE, while the Leica CL belongs to the M
class
which doesn't have that problem. If you have good eyes, you'll have no
trouble
focusing the 90mm. A +3, etc. diopter lens is available for CL used, if you
can
find it. I haven't been able to locate one. Loading film in a CL needs some
practice, but once you memorize the procedure, that pressure plate is about
the
best I've seen in all 35mm technology.
The CL has a great focal plane shutter and it has a very sensitive -- if
delicate -- meter. The CL and its native 40mm lens is an awesome
combination. It
belongs to the M5 generation, which was innovative in its time -- and still
is.
The CL is a Leica, even the ones made by Minolta. But don't confuse the CL
with the Minolta CLE.

Bob

Replies: Reply from daniel.rocha at free.fr (Daniel ROCHA) ([Leica] Leica CL)
Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Leica CL)