Subject: [Leica] Spare parts story....
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Fri Nov 12 09:37:39 2004

Vick, Doug and I wrote:

>Vick:> I'll give you my address; can you send them to me?
>>
>>  Or better, continue to work on your other Leica's, and eventually,
>>you'll collect enough parts to build an
>>  additional one !
>
>>  :-)
>
>Doug: I believe this was written with tongue in cheek but it's
>really close to how I'm building my Leicaflex SL fleet

;-)

>Vick: >Just remember - the craftsmen at Leitz were not magicians, merely
>very
>>skilled.  Whatever they assembled, can be disassembled, serviced, and
>>reassembled.
>
>Alex: But what do I do with the bits that are left over?.............. :-)

Reminds me of the story of the guy in the German perambulator (baby
buggy?) factory in 1938.

His wife was expecting, so he smuggled out all the parts to assemble
at home, and present his beloved with a brand new buggy when she
produced.

Eventually he thought he'd got all the parts. That evening his wife came in.

"How goes it with the pram?"

Her husband scratched his head, and said:

"Strange, but whichever way I assemble it, I end up with a machine gun".

Ouch! So it goes.......

Best

alex
--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
        +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@iol.ie
Also: corkflor.2@virgin.net (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019

Replies: Reply from max_weisenfeld at verizon.net (Max Weisenfeld) ([Leica] Spare parts story....)