Subject: [Leica] Original Leica MP
From: jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden)
Date: Mon Nov 15 05:40:09 2004

On Nov 15, 2004, at 7:30 AM, Don Dory wrote:

> Alexander,
> The original MP was essentially a M3 with a M2 film counter and a
> Leicavit attached.  So if you love the M3 finder it was a very fine
> camera indeed.  From memory, the Leicavit was made out of brass and
> therefore on the heavy side, the function was one continuous stroke.
>
> All in all a lovely camera.

Ah.... if I could just hack my M3 to add a TTL meter -- not a TTL
*flash* meter, just to paint a white spot on the shutter curtain and
perhaps project an EV number (or even just a couple of diodes) into the
viewfinder... I think the trickiest part would be adding a battery
casing, and a dial to set the ASA.

Jonathan

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] Original Leica MP)