Subject: [Leica] Yet Another Sign of the Times
From: jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden)
Date: Mon Nov 15 10:57:38 2004

e.j. schlup wrote:

>I spend a good deal of time in the Mississippi Delta
>(northwest Mississippi) photographing blues musicians
>and the culture that created the blues. My wife Diana
>Charles is a fine art portrait artist that is doing an
>ongoing project call Painted Blues which is a
>documentation of contemporary blues performers.
>http://www.paintedblues.com/pages/562631/index.htm

..

>All the time I have spent in Mississippi I have never
>been stopped for photographing anything, period. I
>have photographed heavily down there.

Well you see the problem you had in Kansas is not so unexpected when you
look at in this way:

People in Mississippi realize that blues music and blues musicians are
inherently interesting. Consequently it is not so surprising that a
photographer would be interested in photographing the place.

The fact that you roused such suspicion in Kansas may be because people
in Kansas don't consider their surroundings particularly interesting,
consequently there wouldn't be any *good* reason for people to
photograph them.

:-))

:-))

Jonathan
(note the doubled doubled smileys for anyone apt to take this post too
seriously).

Replies: Reply from schlup13820 at yahoo.com (e.j. schlup) ([Leica] Yet Another Sign of the Times)