Subject: [Leica] Yet Another Sign of the Times
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Mon Nov 15 06:32:02 2004

e.j. schlup wrote:

>Hey Folks, that was my first post because I just
>joined.
>
>I am a photographer, 43 years old and self taught. I
>am not into politics or anything driven by ignorance.
>
>It's kind of simple there's always a first for
>everything. I was in the "right place" at the "right
>time" to experience the profiling. It happened and I
>not going to let it bother me or any of my projects.
>Life is full of interesting experiences and one should
>learn something from those experiences, I did.
>
>I spend a good deal of time in the Mississippi Delta
>(northwest Mississippi) photographing blues musicians
>and the culture that created the blues. My wife Diana
>Charles is a fine art portrait artist that is doing an
>ongoing project call Painted Blues which is a
>documentation of contemporary blues performers.
>http://www.paintedblues.com/pages/562631/index.htm
>
>I am welcomed into the homes and lives of these
>wonderful people. They are humble, kind and fly under
>the radar in the music world. Working with them has
>been a humbling and life changing experience for me. I
>am forever greatful for their generosity.
>
>All the time I have spent in Mississippi I have never
>been stopped for photographing anything, period. I
>have photographed heavily down there.
>
>Peace and Harmony, E.J. Schlup
>

>--- "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>Good catch, Greg - That went right by the rest of
>>us...E.J. - who or
>>what are you?

E.J.
Sorry if you got offended- I think they confused you with Eddie Joe
Schlepp, a known radical rabblerousing Leica user that once terrified
various members of the group. I heard that he had passed on, however. It
appears he had worn a necktie, against all advice as was his nature,
into a film processing facility whereupon he was suddenly snatched into
a large E-6 film processor. Since he was such a negative person, he was
not compatible with the chemistry, and despite all efforts, they were
not able to salvage him.
His Leica equipment did, however, bring a nice price on the Auction Site
That Shall Not Be Named.
Dan  :o)