Subject: [Leica] Fuji 6X9 RF
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Nov 15 14:29:17 2004

On 11/15/04 12:51 PM, "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net> typed:

> LUGgers:
>
> I have fallen heir to a Fuji GSW690III MF RF with a 90/3.5 (I think).  It
> isn't here yet but I know very little about this camera.  It appeals to me
> because it is a rangefinder that makes a BIG NEGATIVE.  It will never
> replace my Leicas, mainly because the lens is too slow. I understand it is
> mechanical and may not have an internal meter.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this "Texas Leica"?
>
> TIA
>
> JB

I have not but know lots who have.

Robbie McClaran a Leica shooter uses this camera for medium format.
He shot the cover of the new York times Sunday supplement of Timothy McVey
in the orange jumpsuit in his cell with it.
A famous shot by now I think.

He was a speaker at the LHSA Portland meeting two years ago.
As was Larry Schilm who also uses this camera in some version for his
Brownie snaps.

I just got a 6x9 back for my Cambo Calumet NX.

I plan to print them full frame black border and tell people I shot them
with my Leica.

When asked how I got the images to be so incredibly rich and grainless I'm
going to tell them I have a secret additive I put in my Xtol!
soixante neuf X!

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon