Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon 28mm 2.8 LTM
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue Nov 16 10:03:32 2004

At 09:10 AM 11/16/2004, Alex Hurst wrote:
>One of the IIIs has a 28/2.8 Canon on board. Has anyone come across
>this lens? If so, opinions very welcome.

Alex, I have one of these.  It's excellent, IMO.  I haven't used it much
wide open, so I'd have to reserve opinion on that score.  Otherwise it's
great.  I'm not saying I have any reservations about it wide open, just
that I haven't used it that way.  It's also known in some circles as the
"Winogrand" lens, since it's what GW used for much of his work.  If you
want to see sample jpegs, let me know.

Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr. SE
Albuquerque, NM  87108