Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 28, Issue 293
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue Nov 16 21:00:06 2004

At 12:30 PM 11/16/2004, you wrote:
>Phil, I'm originally from Terre Haute, IN and my
>father used to work for a man named Morton Swango. Any
>relation?

Hi, EJ.  I found a Morton Swango in my family tree book but he would have
been born in the 1870s, so I'm not sure if he could have been the guy your
dad worked for.  We're probably related, though.  AFAIK, all the Swangos
are descended from a couple of guys who emigrated from Bavaria in the
1740s.  The original spelling was Schwangau.  A lot of them ended up in
Indiana.

BTW, I noticed you're a blues photographer.  I recently posted some blues
pictures in the LUG gallery.  One is of Furry Lewis and the other is of Joe
Calicott.  I took them in the 60s when I lived in Memphis.  If you're
interested, the URLs are:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Phils-LTM-photos/Calicott_small
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Phils-LTM-photos/Furry_3small

The Lewis shot appears (cropped) in this month's issue of Guitar World
Acoustic magazine.

There are a few Swangos in the Mississippi delta too, FWIW.

cheers, Phil

Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr. SE
Albuquerque, NM  87108