Subject: [Leica] Re: Nikon's profits tripled
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Nov 18 00:50:41 2004

On 11/17/04 3:59 PM, "Mike Durling" <durling@cox.net> typed:

> I think the F6 may be something designed to be less expensive to produce
> while retaining pro-level functionality.  Naturally they added the
> latest electronic tweaks.  Another nice thing is that it looks like a
> little less of a monster than the F5.  Of course I'm judging from a
> picture.
>
> Obviously I'm just guessing too.
>
> Mike D

Its like the f100 which did everything an f5 could do but was half the size
as it didn't have a built in motor drive. You could add a motor drive to it
if you wanted to to even the score. And cost a grand instead of 2 grand.

I think for five f5's they sold they sold a hundred f100's.

I think it turns out that being able to take the motor drive off is widely
adored. Canon should learn from that I don't think they have.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/