Subject: [Leica] 2nd M-body recommendation
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Thu Nov 18 02:12:18 2004

Richard,
I can feel the difference - blindfolded - any time
Before I became a publisher and graphic designer I studied industrial- and
furniture-design for 4 years - a lot of the design-process is about
ergonomics - I found that, the more ergonomic many products looks - sometime
the less ergonomic the turn out to be.
I dont like working with a ergonomic logitech mouse on my computer as it
locks my movements, I am not happy with the large power grips on some
cameras - I use a EOS 5 instead of  and Eos 1 not because of price or
features but because I handle the 5 better. Same goes with Hasselblad
compared to Rollei 6008 - the "blad" fits my hand better.
With the M6 Classic - a rather non-ergonomic but "rounded" camera - I find
that it fits perfectly in my hand without forcing me to hold it in any
specific way while the M6 TTL does not because of its 2 mm exstra - sorry
can not help it and thats why I urged the gentleman who was going to buy a
M6 to feel it out first!

All the best
Ruben
ps. as you may have read from some of my tech questions on this list I
recently got a Leica IIIf - it is even smaller then my M6 and I absolutely
love it :-)
By the way the distance from the knobs is part of the ergonomics of the
camera!