Subject: [Leica] Rabiners take on bokeh; was:35mm normal vs. ASPH or aspherical lens
From: P2CON at aol.com (P2CON@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 11:10:34 2004

Mark, I'm not sure you are the proper person to be criticising the bokeh
boys.  I just spent a nice 20 minutes surveying your web site, and it is
pretty
obvious why bokeh means nothing to you.  You are shooting fashion or
comercial
work with little in the way of background.  The background is either
non-existant or pretty much "in-focus", (f8 type stuff) even in your outdoor
shots.
Shoot something at f1.4 or f2 or even f2.8 with a close, busy background and
then
lets discuss the effect of bokeh on the overall photograph.

Me, I shoot with old, (read cheap) glass and don't worry about bokeh either.

If it is there and bad, I crop it out or take it out with the computer. ;-)

By the way, I do think you are a very accomp;lished photographer, and
consider you to be a gereral delight on the LUG.

Regards,  Paul Connet

<<In a message dated 11/18/2004 3:13:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,