Subject: [Leica] Digital R Back delay
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Nov 22 10:37:12 2004

Confirmed today is the delay of the back.  They will not start shipping till
April.

"At product introduction we announced that a serial
production was planned for December 2004. We regretfully
must inform you that we will not be able to adhere to this
plan. We now assume that the first deliveries will be in April
2005"

"A need for additional programming has surfaced. "

" Based
on the fact that it is rightly expected of us to fulfill the
expectations and to produce a near perfect product, then
this can be seen as the only right decision."

Its not that I disagree, but the expectation that the software needs to be
nearly perfect before start of shipping is kinda scary......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net 1

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Digital R Back delay)
Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (douglas sharp) ([Leica] Digital Back - a fairy tale?)