Subject: [Leica] Digital Back - a fairy tale?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (douglas sharp)
Date: Mon Nov 22 15:57:11 2004

The following is a figment of my imagination and not entirely serious:

It's all a scam. What they are doing is producing about 50 modules, they
sell them to the first comers with a built in, timed, breakdown circuit.
Recall the 50 and reset the switch and send them to the next 50 people on
the list, at the same time making an excuse to the first 50 buyers to cover
the period until "repairs" have been finished.And so ad infinitum

BUT

It's not totally unbelievable - a Drilling company over here pulled a VERY
similar trick financing their vehicle park x-times over just by changing the
chassis numbers and showing the bank forged documents that the "other"
vehicles were out on drilling contracts.This worked for some years before
anyone noticed.

Douglas