Subject: [Leica] Re:Nikon's profits tripled
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue Nov 23 13:18:36 2004

I read this review also. They make a big point of the fact that they
were unable to get in focus shots from wide open lenses. In addition
the 15mm had the vignetting problem Henning found though the 12 was
MUCH better in (only) this respect.
In summary
50 f2 summicron nothing at f2, poor at f2.8 excellent from f4
50 f2.5 CV nothing at 2.5 excellent from f4 (> Summicron!)
35 f2.5 CV nothing at 2.5 excellent from f4
28 f1.9 CV poor at 1.9 excellent from f2.8
21 f4 CV good from f4
15 f4.5 CV average from f4.5
12 f5.6 CV not bad at 5.6 and f8 then deteriorating.
The poorest chromatic performance was the summicron.