Subject: [Leica] Re:Nikon's profits tripled
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Nov 24 13:21:14 2004

On 11/23/04 1:19 PM, "Frank Dernie" <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com> typed:

> I read this review also. They make a big point of the fact that they
> were unable to get in focus shots from wide open lenses. In addition
> the 15mm had the vignetting problem Henning found though the 12 was
> MUCH better in (only) this respect.
> In summary
> 50 f2 summicron nothing at f2, poor at f2.8 excellent from f4
> 50 f2.5 CV nothing at 2.5 excellent from f4 (> Summicron!)
> 35 f2.5 CV nothing at 2.5 excellent from f4
> 28 f1.9 CV poor at 1.9 excellent from f2.8
> 21 f4 CV good from f4
> 15 f4.5 CV average from f4.5
> 12 f5.6 CV not bad at 5.6 and f8 then deteriorating.
> The poorest chromatic performance was the summicron.

1. Could the camera conceivable be in need for a minor adjustment? The kind
when you wait while the repair person tweaks it and 4 minutes later your are
out the door?

2.  "nothing at 2.5 excellent from f4"??

"Nothing" means it's dead out of focus but stop down one it's sharp as a
tack?
Does not compute.
Not buying it.
The review that is.