Subject: [Leica] Re: Nikon's profits tripled
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed Nov 24 00:04:08 2004

The 8000 is a bit slow, though only if you use all the anti dust stuff
etc. then it depends on the speed of your computer as it does the
computation as it goes along. My scan speed is pretty good with my
current twin processor Mac. The banding is said to be due to using a
row of sensors which when aligned correctly for normal conditions give
slight differences in black which look awful on underexposed slides.
There is an option which I believe uses only one sensor which resolves
this problem but then it really is slow. AFAIK the only real benefit of
the 9000 over the 8000 was an improved capability with Kodachrome, I
hadn't realised it was faster.
Frank