Subject: [Leica] Are there different Summilux 75 versions?
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Sat Nov 27 08:57:08 2004

The Leica 75mm Summilux is the one and only lens that I have ever used that
had a look to it that was distinctively different (and better) than others.
   My 90/2 APO-ASPH (or my Minolta 85/1.4 for that matter) is sharper but
just doesn't take as nice a photo.   I'm sure that others reading this who
own both lenses will know what I'm talking about.

I am 100% convinced that if Leica ever redesigns the lens it will just
become one of a set of sharp medium length tele lens that are a dime a
dozen these days.   As I sell off my collection of Leica lenses (three and
counting), the 75 will likely be the last to go.

-dan c.