Subject: [Leica] fiber based printing in the uk
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Nov 28 19:17:21 2004

On 11/28/04 5:34 PM, "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> typed:

>  Like that filter you use when you look in
> the mirror.
>
> Funny i never do that .
> My wife allways(when she is around)points out the oddities of my apearance
> for the day.
> Bits and pieces in nose,hair odd socks and the like.
> I dont understand since all men look equally bad to me why bother?
> simon jessurun

As a person who has shot portraits for 40 years I can tell you that
everybody when they look in the mirror does not see what is there.
They make changes here and there.
And those changes do not appear in the photo them come to pick up at the end
of the week from you.
It's good to get as much as you can in advance as a good portion of people
have real identity issues. And may not identify with the 8x10 glossy you
hand them.

Everyone has their own Photoshop filter they use when they look in the
mirror. Subtle or un.

Guys are more "vain" than gals.
"The third eyelash from the left.... I'd like to call a meeting...."

For one people part their hair on the other side.
This is always a shock when they see the results
Apparently this can be subliminal but disconcerting to some real level as to
throw a monkey wrench into the mix.
THAT filter is already built into the firmware of the mirror.

But no I was really referring to the darker things - hidden behind the
surface.
Or the twinkle in the eye that ain't there.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/