Subject: [Leica] One Day (so far) with the R-D1
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Mon Nov 29 02:55:22 2004

M lens...
and if you like your M camera (and why would you be here if you don't,
unless you are one of those heathen R shooters :-) )
and you have some money to burn...

It is a nice camera.

It is louder than an M7, people actually notice it when I shoot, unlike the
M7
The manual frameline selector is a pain
The crop factor is a pain (now I probably need to pick up an Ultron
28/1.9...)
Not sure if the shutter is stepless like the M7

but what glorious images
It handles much better than I thought. I like my M better, but this is not
bad. It's only slightly bigger than the M7
and the operation is quite intuitive and simple
The 1x VF is a joy

What I have taken are mostly crappy stuff
but a lot of them at 1.4, just to show it can be done
and switching ASA on the fly as need
including 1.4 and ASA1600
35/1.4, 50/1.4 at ASA 1600, the best available light shooter...

Snapshots for sure
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/EPSN0005.jpg ASA1600 The only
light is from the projector, 35/1.4ASPH @1.4 1/30?
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/EPSN0115.jpg Night shot
through the window glass (the upper flare spots are from the cheapie hotel
window glass :-) ) ASA400, F5.6 or so @ 1/15

use richard at imagecraft.com)