Subject: [Leica] Some images from Thanksgiving in Minneapolis
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Wed Dec 1 01:20:27 2004

From: "Adam Bridge" <abridge@gmail.com>

> Here are two images from our Thanksgiving trip to Minneapolis.
>
> On Saturday it began to snow for the first time.
>
> <http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-November/FirstSnowMinneapolis.jpg>
>
> Our room was on the 10th floor of the Millennium Hotel.
>
> Across from the hotel room was an apartment building. Someone was
> ready for Christmas
>
> <http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-November/AptTreeMinneapolis.jpg>
>
> I think this last one needs a better cropping but I haven't found
> anything I like better. I want the context of the whole building. What
> do you think?
>
> M6, Portra160VC.
>
> Adam Bridge

Hi Adam,

The first shot has an air of unreality. Cars like toys, monochromed by the
snow and only a trace of colour in the yellow lines. I looked at it for ages
and on several occasions. Mesmeric!

The second shot has a very course look which detracts slightly for me but I
liked the pocket of warmth and light and I think that effect would be
lessened if you were to crop.

Thanks for posting.

--Graham

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Some images from Thanksgiving in Minneapolis)