Subject: [Leica] Leica Long Lenses on Digital Canon SLRs
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas_GMX)
Date: Wed Dec 1 07:36:13 2004

Hi Frank,
The exposure problem is caused by extraneous light entering the camera
through
the eyepiece and not through the lens. Of course this is negligable when
you've
got your eye covering it, but tripod shots with the camera, particularly
with
longer exposure times (1 second and longer) show a definite trend to
overexposure. Also with the dedicated Canon lenses! This is a problem with
film
SLRs too but it seems to be a more serious problem with the (my?) Digital
Rebel.
I have tried all sorts of shots with long exposures and the Canon I use
suffers
from very little noise even at 1600 ASA equivalent. According to the test
reports I've read on the 300D (D-Rebel),10D and the new 20D noise is not
much of
a problem for Canon users.