Subject: [Leica] Leica Long Lenses on Digital Canon SLRs
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Dec 1 08:22:15 2004

Interesting that they did it that way. My E-l has a built-in shutter,
with an external lever, as do a number of other cameras. Knowing the EOS
line and Canon, they may have gone the external cap route to reduce yet
another possible point of entry for dust or moisture, although I would
think sealing a little shaft would be pretty easy.