Subject: [Leica] Tale of the elusive 35/1.4 non ASPH......
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Thu Dec 2 10:06:14 2004

Frank,

I'll buy that. It's the reason I use the 35/f2 ASPH on the ,58 MP.
Makes a very compact package. I shoot mainly 200 & 400 ISO
color negative, mainly Royal Supra Professional, which has
staggeringly fine grain and sharpness, given the speed. If you
are stuck on 100 ISO, I can see your need for 1.4.

You must REALLY travel light! :-) When I travel abroad, I usually
take three M's with 28, 35 & 50 mounted and a 21, 90 and 50 f2.8,
and maybe 15 rolls of film, all in one Fogg b-major with an attached
xylophone pouch. This works, even when travelling in an open sports
car. Running out the door, I just grab the MP with the 35 in the pouch.

I've tried taking less, but I often miss something then, even if the 21
& 90 get very light use.

Agree with Buzz about switching films, BTW.

Good Shooting!

William