Subject: [Leica] Canon 20D ;-)
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Dec 2 19:01:27 2004

At 09:50 PM 12/2/2004, you wrote:
>Canon 20D! :-) :-) :-)
>
>Hi Tina,
>It's a whole new world out here! :-) Dang I'm having more fun than a
>barrel of monkeys! :-) The same kind of fun and awe feelings of the very
>beginning times of learning photography. :-)

It really does make a difference to see what you get immediately!  I love it.

>I have the Leica-EOS adapter on order from Stephen Gandy, hopefully it'll
>be here early next week. I wondered if I shouldn't have ordered more than
>one and put them on the Leica lenses I would use most.

I got two and keep one on the 80/1.4 and one on the 19/2.8.  Occasionally,
I change and put them on the 60 or 100 Macros.  They aren't too hard to
change and I usually know if I'm going to be using the macros ahead of time.

>   The other thought I had was, I'd see how well I worked with the Leica
> lenses doing manual focus on the tiny screen viewfinder, or look at a few
> fast Canon auto-focus lenses. Simply because the auto-focus is so fast
> and right on the mark it's quite amazing. Besides, I'm sure my tired old
> "one eye" ;-) is slipping sharpness slightly even with the R8 and it's
> brilliant screen as I seem to take longer to feel I'm right on the mark
> sharp.

The Canon lenses are better than I imagined.  Especially the L lenses.  I
never liked zoom lenses but the 16-35 and the 24-70 are really good
lenses.  The auto-focus is extremely fast and accurate.  I still like the
color and sharpness of the R lenses, but it's sometimes hard to tell the
difference!  When I'm taking photos of my constantly in motion
grandchildren, you just can't beat the auto-focus lenses.  There's no way I
could focus the R lenses on them unless the kids are asleep!!

Have fun and let me know what you think!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com