Subject: [Leica] HP7960 now the HP8450
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (Bob Palmieri)
Date: Sun Dec 5 07:11:19 2004

Folks -

Thanks to all who replied to my original post regarding settings and
"color management" issues for the 7960 (in B&W, mostly.)

I realize that I probably should have been more specific about what I
meant by these things.  I' m using Photoshop 7 on a Mac with OS 10.3.6.
Yes, only the "59" ink cartridge is supposed to be tapped in
"grayscale" mode; indeed this is the way it works if the printer is
connected directly to the Mac and not through the Airport, as mine was
for awhile.  I believe it was this setup that was causing my printer to
tap the color carts even in grayscale mode.

In the case of B&W my specific questions are about "dot gain" settings
and also the correct way to keep Photoshop from inserting another
profile into the file on its way to the printer. My program doesn't
have an option for "Printer Color Management" in the pulldown menu
found in the "Print with Preview" page, so I've been using either "Same
as Source" or "Postscript Color Management" even though I think this
ain't no Postscript printer.

Bob Palmieri