Subject: [Leica] HP7960 now the HP8450
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Sun Dec 5 07:32:25 2004

Alex,

The fading to green you've noticed, at least when applied to BW, is in
my experience the result of using printers that create the BW using a
combination of their color inks. These tend to fade at different rates,
which causes the color shift. Event this varies widely depending on the
manufacturer and the vintage and types of inks. BW prints made on the
HP 7960 on their premium plus paper are rated well over 100 years in
"normal display conditions." I believe this compares well with RC
prints, at least.

I have no connection with HP, btw, other than I'm obviously very happy
to have a printer that can finally do a decent job on BW.

Will von Dauster