Subject: [Leica] OT: Film AND Digital?
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Sun Dec 5 11:33:15 2004

Jim,

For a couple of years I've been having my local camera shop in the wilds of
western NJ do high-res scans with the processing of my color negative and
prints. They have a newish Agfa machine and the operator is a lady who has
been with this store for 15+ years. I know the owner of the shop and always
make a polite fuss whenever I go in and make it clear that my negs are NOT
consumer P&S stuff.

Bottom line, the scans are usually excellent, 4 - 6 MB files, 3000x2000 at
400 dpi. They require little or no PS. I've mailed a few which were
subsequently used for magazine covers. The printer in Birmingham, UK had no
trouble with them it would appear. Cost of the CD was in line with Didier's
experience. I have NO time to mess around, given my "day job", so this
work-flow definitely works for me! :-) Maybe it's just a matter of finding
the right shop or lab? I also ask for and get ~ 20% "professional discount"
when I bring in several rolls.

William