Subject: [Leica] He Travels Fast Who Travels...
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Thu Dec 2 17:20:17 2004

Frank,

Not bad advice to a novice who has never tried it. I did many times
with just the M5 and a 35/f2. I also missed some really fantastic
opportunities on off-road expeditions in Colorado. Learned that
lesson the hard way. I could shoot myself for doing this once in
Maui. While I rarely use a 21 in England, for Maui it would have
been THE lens. BTW, some of the best stuff I've ever sold was
taken with that 21/f33.4 SA on 13,000' passes in Colorado in 1993.
Like yourself, my "normal" lens is the 35 however.

BTW, try shooting in a car factory sometime with just the 35.
You will be backed up against a wall frequently! :-) Two bodies
and the 35 and 28 ASPH work for 95+%. 50 Lux for the rest.

Best,

William

Replies: Reply from timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton) ([Leica] He Travels Fast Who Travels...)