Subject: [Leica] OT: Film AND Digital?
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Dec 5 11:35:18 2004

Jim,

You get what you pay for...I think that the mass market scans may be
acceptable for web posting, but only just, and not always. The good news
is that the onslaught of digital capture has considerably lessened
interest in film scanning, so that good scanners are MUCH cheaper now
than a few years ago. For well under $1K you can pick up a
top-of-the-line consumer scanner which will blow away anything you can
get on a CD from a consumer lab. Your biggest investment will be the
time spent on scanning and editing your images, not the price you pay
for the scanenr.

Nathan